Saturday, April 18, 2009

Metrosharing Goes Mainstream!

On the morning of April 6, just before I left town for vacation, I saw a piece in the "Metropolitan Diary" in The Times that made me smile:

Dear Diary:

On a recent weekend in New York, my husband and I were sharing a MetroCard. Rushing to catch a train at the Union Square subway station, we didn’t notice that the card was running out of money. My husband swiped the card successfully, passed through the turnstile, then handed it back to me, but the card was now worth $0.00.

As I dithered, trying to decide what to do next, a youth behind me reached around and swiped his card for me.

When I turned to thank him, he replied impatiently, “Just go!”

Mary Donaldson-Evans

Now that I'm back home, I've been metrosharing almost daily (demand seems to be up).  Send metrosharing stories if you like and I will be happy to post them.

No comments:

Post a Comment